GengaCraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GengaCraft

Welcome to GengaCraft's forums!

4 posters

The Application of Corcordis

corcordis

The Application of Corcordis Empty The Application of Corcordis

Post  corcordis Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:05 pm

.::Application::.
    Username: corcordis
    Minecraft Username corcordis
    Position Applying For: (Administrator or Moderator). Moderator
    Timezone: US Eastern Daylight Time (GMT+4)
    How long and how many times do you estimate to be on per day?: Approximately eight hours a day
    How long have you been playing Minecraft: Approximately two years
    How long have you been playing on GengaCraft?: I would estimate about three weeks

.::Important Questions::.
    1. What is your age and your current level of education? 19 years old and a Sophomore in college
    2. Is English your native language, and if not how many English courses have you taken? Yes, English is my native language
    3. In your opinion, what would be the ideal staff? (150 words minimum). In my opinion, the ideal staff needs to be comprised of a group of individuals that understand the importance of fun, but are not against strong-arming people who do not abide by the established rules. While the ones in charge need to encourage players to have fun and whatnot, there needs to be a point where the staff needs to use, “less carrot and more stick”. A staff member needs to be calm, cool, and collected at all times. She/he needs to be of sound mind and of level head… to put it simply, a staff member must not be a simpleton. The staff needs to understand the rules set forth by the administrator(s), be the firm but loving hand to guide players to the established rules of ‘right and wrong,’ and needs to be a liaison between players and administration. To me, this is what a staff should be comprised of; nothing more and nothing less.
    4. What qualifies you to be part of the staff? (100 words minimum). What qualifies me to be part of the staff is the fact that I am everything aforementioned. I am older than most people on this server (and while I do not promote ageism) it is a powerful force in the respect of the ‘chain of command’. In addition to the aforementioned points in the previous response, I am an altruistic person by nature. I relish in the opportunity to assist people in and out of the world of MineCraft and have established good rapport with most (if not all) players that I have met on this server. I can be a player’s best friend, in the sense that I will assist them in their creative endeavors, but will also be the enforcer of rules if I witness someone cheating/hacking. There may be many people that apply for the position of moderator (most in jest), but something needs to be said for having someone that is older and more level headed in the winds of your proverbial sails.

.::Quiz::.
    1. If two members had gotten into an argument, how would you break it up, and leave them both happy? (50 words minimum). If two members were in an argument, the first thing I would do is to find out the chief complaint of the issue. It is difficult to articulate a response to this question because of how ambiguous it is. If an issue is server related, (e.g. PVP) then nothing can be done but to remind the individuals that it is allowed in this server. Now, if the argument was based on the terms of cheating/ ‘griefing’ the appropriate actions would be done in order to settle the argument with as little ‘collateral damage’ as possible. If need be, I would also convene with other Moderators/Administrators in order to remedy the situation.
    2. If someone broke a rule, and you caught them, what would you do? Why? (50 words minimum). Again, much like the previous question, the ambiguity of this question leaves a lot to consider. The first plan of action would be to figure out the severity of the situation. From there, I would weigh options and act accordingly. If it is something as simple as ‘greifing’ a melon, I would tell the one violating the rule to fix the situation themselves or risk being reported to someone that would ‘kick/ban’ them. Again, in order for me to articulate a response, I would need to be in the situation itself. But, what goes without saying, is the fact that I would always follow the chain of command. If it were something minor, I would handle it myself and then report to the next step in the staff hierarchy. If it were something more severe, I would do all I can to remedy the situation but then seek assistance from the proper person(s).
    3. What if you were notified of a rule-breaker by a member? What would you do? Why? (50 words minimum). If I were notified of a rule-breaker, I would attempt to see if the complaint was valid. As I am sure you understand, a claim without evidence is dismissible. If the person were guilty of said action, I would respond accordingly in respect to the severity of the crime. If I could not validate the complaint I would seek help from another staff member that may have the ability to view more information about the claim, (seeing if there was a grief, etc.). I would also let the accused give his/her side of the story, because it is not fair to only hear one side of a complaint.
    4. If someone found diamonds and it was broadcasted, what would you do? Why? (50 words minimum). If someone found diamonds and broadcasted it I would remind the player via a private message not to accept any teleport request as this is a PvP server and someone would likely kill them for it. I would then advise them not to claim they found diamonds until they were safely secured in a chest. People have a right to be excited, but in their excitement, they may make a mistake by letting others know… which could spark controversy.
    5. If someone cursed you out with the words that haven't been censored, how would you respond? Why? (50 words minimum). First, let me say that cursing is sad and pathetic. There is no need for profanity when there are a myriad of other words to use. Using profanity is childish and will not be tolerated by me (if persistent). I understand that people use crude language as a form of conveying emotions, but there comes a point where it will not be acceptable. This game is for people of all ages, including children, and this server should be a safe haven for all that want a place to have fun. If someone were to curse me out for a prolonged period of time, I would advise them against using profanity (which would inevitably lead to them cursing me out even more) which would then result in their temporary removal from the server until they ‘cooled down’.
    TheLapiz
    TheLapiz

The Application of Corcordis Empty Re: The Application of Corcordis

Post  TheLapiz Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Nice Application Corcordis Smile
    corcordis

Post  corcordis Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:02 am

TheLapiz wrote:Nice Application Corcordis Smile

Why thank you, TheLapiz Smile
    x1himeto1x

Post  x1himeto1x Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Nice topic title
    the first one i see like that
    Crazykid1099

Post  Crazykid1099 Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Nice application, I am extreamly sorry for what I did. Btw, half of thoes words idfk wat they mean LOL
    corcordis

Post  corcordis Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Crazykid1099 wrote:Nice application, I am extreamly sorry for what I did. Btw, half of thoes words idfk wat they mean LOL

It's okay, while you are personally responsible for your mistake(s) there are no ill feelings between us, lol. As for the lack of understanding 'half the words' I assure you that in a few years you will come to be as fluid in writing as I. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am