GengaCraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GengaCraft

Welcome to GengaCraft's forums!

4 posters

SphinX_AU Application

SphinX_AU

SphinX_AU Application Empty SphinX_AU Application

Post  SphinX_AU Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:42 pm

.::Application::.
    Username:SphinX_AU
    Minecraft Username:SphinX_AU
    Position Applying For: Admin / Mod.
    Timezone: GMT+10
    How long and how many times do you estimate to be on per day?: Hours at a time every day
    How long have you been playing Minecraft: Roughly a week.
    How long have you been playing on GengaCraft?: Same as above.

.::Important Questions::.
    1. What is your age and your current level of education? 22, Year 11 (in Australia)
    2. Is English your native language, and if not how many English courses have you taken? English is the only language I speak.
    3. In your opinion, what would be the ideal staff? Someone mature, that is fair, listens to all sides of the story, and doesn't allow personal feelings to affect their judgement. Someone that won't abuse the power they have been given for their own gain.
    4. What qualifies you to be part of the staff? I'm mature, I've been playing every genre of games online for years, administrator of CS:S servers, BF3, BFBC2, CoD4, and various other servers. I am also active, and have been for almost 3 years in an Australian ArmA2 clan, where at times I have had to administer servers, for the enjoyment of other players, particularly when other players have caused issues for regular players.

.::Quiz::.
    1. If two members had gotten into an argument, how would you break it up, and leave them both happy? First I would attempt to find out what caused the argument in the first place, and then attempt to negotiate some form of truce or agreement. If an agreement could not be made and one member continued to carry on and not calm down, I would give them a warning to calm down, kick or temp ban them for 12 hours, or if they still continued to ignore / cause issues, I would place a permanent ban.
    2. If someone broke a rule, and you caught them, what would you do? Why? Talk to them privately, work out what happened and why they did it, and depending on circumstances, warn them or ban them (depending on offence)
    3. What if you were notified of a rule-breaker by a member? What would you do? Why? Contact the person that reported them, find out their side of the story, then contact the accused and get their side. Then do the same as above, warn or ban depending on the offence.
    4. If someone found diamonds and it was broadcasted, what would you do? Why? Find out where and how they got them, ask other players if they know about what has been broadcast, and find out the quantity of diamonds they have 'acquired'. If it seems the number of diamonds they have acquired does not seem legitimate, remove them, and warn the player that if they use glitches to acquire them again, they will be removed from the server.
    5. If someone cursed you out with the words that haven't been censored, how would you respond? Why? Frankly, I wouldn't be all that worried. I mean, I know quite a few people have issues with words like that, but I'm older than most of the players, and have been using language like that for quite a long time. But if a member has an issue with someone using language like that, I would ask them to stop, if they failed to comply, I would warn them again, and if they continued, then ban them for upsetting other players. Losing 1 player to keep a few happy is something that must be done.
    SphinX_AU

SphinX_AU Application Empty Re: SphinX_AU Application

Post  SphinX_AU Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Just wondering if this has been reviewed?

You probably don't see me on the server often, because of the time differences, usually when Gengar and everyone else is on it is between 4am - 11am here...
    Crazykid1099

Post  Crazykid1099 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:29 pm

SphinX_AU wrote:.::Application::.
    Username:SphinX_AU
    Minecraft Username:SphinX_AU
    Position Applying For: Admin / Mod.
    Timezone: GMT+10
    How long and how many times do you estimate to be on per day?: Hours at a time every day
    How long have you been playing Minecraft: Roughly a week.
    How long have you been playing on GengaCraft?: Same as above.

.::Important Questions::.
    1. What is your age and your current level of education? 22, Year 11 (in Australia)
    2. Is English your native language, and if not how many English courses have you taken? English is the only language I speak.
    3. In your opinion, what would be the ideal staff? Someone mature, that is fair, listens to all sides of the story, and doesn't allow personal feelings to affect their judgement. Someone that won't abuse the power they have been given for their own gain.
    4. What qualifies you to be part of the staff? I'm mature, I've been playing every genre of games online for years, administrator of CS:S servers, BF3, BFBC2, CoD4, and various other servers. I am also active, and have been for almost 3 years in an Australian ArmA2 clan, where at times I have had to administer servers, for the enjoyment of other players, particularly when other players have caused issues for regular players.

.::Quiz::.
    1. If two members had gotten into an argument, how would you break it up, and leave them both happy? First I would attempt to find out what caused the argument in the first place, and then attempt to negotiate some form of truce or agreement. If an agreement could not be made and one member continued to carry on and not calm down, I would give them a warning to calm down, kick or temp ban them for 12 hours, or if they still continued to ignore / cause issues, I would place a permanent ban.
    2. If someone broke a rule, and you caught them, what would you do? Why? Talk to them privately, work out what happened and why they did it, and depending on circumstances, warn them or ban them (depending on offence)
    3. What if you were notified of a rule-breaker by a member? What would you do? Why? Contact the person that reported them, find out their side of the story, then contact the accused and get their side. Then do the same as above, warn or ban depending on the offence.
    4. If someone found diamonds and it was broadcasted, what would you do? Why? Find out where and how they got them, ask other players if they know about what has been broadcast, and find out the quantity of diamonds they have 'acquired'. If it seems the number of diamonds they have acquired does not seem legitimate, remove them, and warn the player that if they use glitches to acquire them again, they will be removed from the server.
    5. If someone cursed you out with the words that haven't been censored, how would you respond? Why? Frankly, I wouldn't be all that worried. I mean, I know quite a few people have issues with words like that, but I'm older than most of the players, and have been using language like that for quite a long time. But if a member has an issue with someone using language like that, I would ask them to stop, if they failed to comply, I would warn them again, and if they continued, then ban them for upsetting other players. Losing 1 player to keep a few happy is something that must be done.

Good application I say. Few spelling mistakes, also you need to be on more. Good luck!
    Gengarx33
    Gengarx33
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Gengarx33 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 pm

It has just been reviewed. No more comments are allowed to be placed after this except the applicant himself.

Please be patient.
    ZexionAce
    ZexionAce

Post  ZexionAce Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:30 am

I COMMENTED KILL ME

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 pm